Distilled January 1993, bottled Mai 2015 - Bourbon Barrel, cask no. 816 - Only 125 bottles op 70 cl.
Single Cask, No Chill filtration, no added colour
Vol. 48,8 - No of bottles 201
distilled 02-1979 - bottled 03-2011 - Cask Strength
In 1824 the Haig distillery was opened. In 1826 it became the first distillery to produce Grain whisky using the Column still method invented by Robert Stein. In 1877 John Haig & Co merged with 5 other whisky companies to form the Distillers Company, with John Haig & Co coming under DCL's full ownership in 1919. Cameron Bridge produced both grain and malt whisky using a combination of pot stills and column stills until 1929, when it shifted exclusively to grain whisky production.
For a period between 1941 to 1947, the distillery closed due to World War II. The current Column still house was constructed during the 1960s, and two of its three stills are more than 30 years old. The third was transferred from Carsebridge distillery in Alloa when it was closed by United Distillers in 1983. Major renovations at Cameron Bridge occurred in 1989-1992 as well as up to 2000 when the distillery produced up to 30 million imperial gallons (140,000,000 L) of spirit annually.
In 1989 Cameronbridge also changed from being solely a large-scale grain whisky distillery into a ‘dual-purpose’ site, when United Distillers’ Grain Neutral Spirit operation was transferred to Fife from Wandsworth in London. Now GNS for white spirits and ‘sweetened products’ such as Archers, Pimm's, Smirnoff, Tanqueray and Gordon's Gin are also produced alongside grain spirit used in the Johnnie Walker, J&B, Bell's, Black & White, Vat 69, Haig and White Horse blended whisky brands owned by Diageo.
It is currently the largest of the remaining grain distilleries in Scotland and is owned by Diageo.
Distilled 1994 - Bottled 2012 - Vol. 53,8 - The distillery was originally founded in 1897 under the name "Glen Grant 2" It's founder was Major James Grant, and it was just intended to be an extension of Glen Grant, which is situated on the other side of the main road. Both distilleries were joined by a pipe-line, known as "the whisky pipe" by the inhabitants of Rothes. The legend says that people of Rothes made some holes in the pipe, in order to get their own part of the spirit. This would have caused some floods in the town of Rothes.
The distillery has been closed in the beginning of the 19th century, because of a decreasing demand on whisky. No production between 1901 and 1965, when it was reopened by "The Glenlivet and Glen Grant Distilleries Ltd". The production made good progresses, and two new stills were added, and the distillery has been modernized in order to be run by just two people. In 1978, "The Chivas and Glenlivet Group (Seagram)" took over the distillery, together with Longmorn, Benriach, Glen Grant et The Glenlivet. The Seagram distillery division became part of the French group Pernod-Ricard in 2000. The distillery has never released official single malts, its owner having decided to use all the production for blends. (inf from: http://www.whisky-distilleries.info)
From the anniversary Collection a really great Glenallachie 35 years old bottled by
Speciality Drinks Ltd. Distilled in 1975 and bottled in 2010. Only 685 bottles were made.
Cask: sherry butts. Points between 90 and 93 by Jean-MariePutz and Serge Valentin from whisky fun.com